Friday, January 20, 2006

Georgia Documents

Wills: Langford Walker, 1817 Lincoln County, Georgia

Lincoln County Wills and Estate Records
Books C &D (3 & 4) Combined; 1800 - 1832
FHL Film No. 0202682

Georgia ) In the name of God Amen, I Langford Walker from the State
Lincoln County ) and County aforesaid being taken very sick in the district of Abbeville So. Carolina being of perfect mind and memory do after first Recommending
my body to the dust to be buried in a decent Christian manner and my soul in the hand of God Who gave it, Ordain this my Last Will and Testament of what property it has pleased God to bless me with (viz)--
That a Sufficient quantity of my Estate be sold to pay my Debts and after pay off all my just debts the Rest of my property shall be kept together until my two children come of age and then to be equally divided between my beloved Wife and my two children George Albert and Mary Louisa Walker leaving for my Executors of this my Last Will & Testament my beloved Wife and my friend William Harper. In Witness Whereof I have here unto set my hand and seal this 19th day of January 1817.
Signed in the presence of
Zachariah Motes Langford Walker (Seal)
Joel Walker

State of Georgia ) Personally appeared Joel Walker before two of the Justices of the Inferior
Lincoln County ) Court, now Acting on Ordinary purposes Jay Thomas Murray Esqr. And Henry Jones, Esqr. And the said Joel Walker after being duly sworn Agreeable to Law Sayeth that he saw Langford Walker Dec’d. Sign and
heard him Acknowledge the Within Instrument of Writing to be his Last Will and Testament and at the time of his So doing he was of a sound disposing mind and memory to the best of his knowledge and he also saw Zachariah Motes sign as a Witness to the Same.
`Sworn to before us this 3 day of February 1817
Thomas. Murray J.J.C Joel Walker
Henry Jones, J.J.C.

Examined by a full Court this fifth day of May 1817 and Ordered to Record Test.
William Harper, C.C.O. Samuel Davis, J.J.C.
Henry Jones, J.J.C.
Arthur Frazer, J.J.C.
And Recorded this Twenty Sixth day of June 1817
William Harper, C.C.O.

NOTE:
Langford Walker and Joel Walker were the sons of Judith Langford Walker and Tandy Walker
of Lunenburg County Virginia. Other siblings were Silvanus, William, Ann, and Elizabeth.

No comments: