Sunday, August 22, 2010

SOUTH CAROLINA RECORDS

South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Summer 1996, p. 167,
Pendleton District Deed Book F. , page 409.
Thomas Harrison to my son Benjamin Harrison, a negro man called Williston, a negro girl Hannah after my decease and that of my wife Caty, and then to descend to William LANGFORD son of Hetty Langford, also the house propertyand stock that I have given to Benjamin Harrison. Dated 14 January 1802. Thomas Harrison seal. Wit: J.D. Terrell, Richard Shipp.
My Note: Hetty is often the nickname for Esther and Hester.

South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Volume XII, Number 2, Spring, 1984
Abstracts of Newberry County Will Book A, page 382
At a court held for Newberry county, 29 Feb. 1796, will of John LANGFORD, dec'd. recorded.
William Langford and Winnefred Langford executors, qualified. John Langford of the state of South Carolina, Newberry County: 1. to son, William, 1 featherbed,a horse, a cow and calf, half tract of land I now live on, being on west side of Buffalo Creek; 2. to son Jacob, 1 featherbed,a horse, a cow and calf, same tract of land lying on east side of the creek, the creek being the dividing line; . 3. to daughter Anne 1 featherbed, a mare, a cow and calf, tract of 200 acres joining back line of my other tract and Carter's line; 4. to grandson Asa Langford 1 shilling stg.; 5. to wife all rest of my goods; 6. wife and son William executors.

South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Volume XII, Number 1, Winter, 1984
Abstracts of Lexington District Wills
Will of Asa LANGFORD of the District of Lexington to my son Stanmore Langford, my Sorrel filly, two cows and calves,my best bed, bedstead and furniture, my writing desk, my rifle gun and cupboard, also 200 acres whereon I now live, the dividing line to commence on Saluda River to bind on lands whereon John Earlge now lives, and on lands held by Miss Temperance Hays, Mrs. Elizabeth Lewey, and my son William Langford lands; to my three children Almena Haltiwanger, Susannah Dreher and William Langford and my stepson Julius Smith, one third of my estate; the remaining two thirds I desire to be divided into eight equal shares and distributed as follows: one eighth to my son John Langford, to my son James Langford, to my son Stanmore Langford, to my son William Langford, to my daughter Almena Haltiwanger, to my daughter Susannah Dreher, one eighth to my grandchildren John Roberts & Mary Ann Corley, and the remaining eighth to the children or lawful issue of my daughter Anna Snelgrove. My sons John Langford and Stanmore Langford, executors. --1845.